The business was founded November 10, 1959 by Harry W. Drummond, his wife Dorothy, and son-in-law Bob Parker. In 1964, their second son-in-law, Sam Taylor, joined the business. The original business was located on Lankford Highway in Belle Haven, VA selling petroleum products and auto, farm, and boat parts. In 1966, the business moved to its current location on Merry Cat Lane in Belle Haven. In 1976, Harry sold the business to Bob and Sam.
Bob and Sam continued to grow and expand the business to better serve the Eastern Shore. Another petroleum location was established in Parksley on May 1, 1979. A convenience store, County Line, was purchased on October 1, 1982. Another parts store was opened in Greenbush on July 1, 1994 and another convenience store, Bloxom Mini Mart, was purchased on May 1, 2000.
The business was sold again to H.D Parker and Turner Taylor, sons of Bob and Sam, respectively, on May 1, 2006. They too continued to grow the business. Another parts store was opened in Oak Hall on June 29, 2012. They also grew the petroleum business by purchasing Floyd Energy Petroleum in 2013, followed by Mason Oil Company in 2014. The death of Turner in 2014 left the business to its present owner, H.D. Parker.
The business continued to grow with the opening of another parts store in Eastville on October 5, 2015.
On May 10, 2017, H.W. Drummond Inc. sold its Petroleum Delivery division to Pep-Up Inc. The sale of the Petroleum Division will allow us to focus more on our retail business, and better serve you, our loyal, valued customers. ... See MoreSee Less